Zinder Refining Company LTD, also known as SORAZ is a joint venture company between the China National Petroleum Company and the Government of the Republic of Niger. It is an important Refining unit in Republic of Niger. The company operates a testing laboratory called the Quality Inspection Center, QIC. for controlling and managing the quality of its feedstock and refined products. It is the biggest laboratory in Republic of Niger, and belongs to the most important ones within the sub-region with regard to testing facilities in the Oil and Gas sector. This uniqueness in the country gives QIC a huge responsibility to produce test results with high accuracy.
In fact, to achieve this goal, the company decided to cooperate with the Nigeria National Accreditation Service (NiNAS) for the renewal of the accreditation of the laboratory based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
QIC of SORAZ is the first laboratory accredited by NiNAS to the newly published ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard.
Benefits of the accreditation
- International and national recognition of the competence of QIC: because NiNAS is a member of international accreditation cooperation such as the International Laboratory Accreditation, ILAC.
- The laboratory gained in the area of Quality Management System by reducing procedural errors, preventing risks, leveraging on opportunities and improving continuously in its operation.
- The laboratory is qualified and competent to provide services in testing activities.
- Accreditation assessments helped the laboratory staff to improve their performance, and enhance their discipline and sense of professionalism. The technical competence of the personnel is also recognized.
- It assures the client that results are technically valid and great confidence in their accuracy.
- It enhances the acceptance of testing service across national borders because our customers mainly come from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) zone especially Nigeria, Mali and Burkina Faso.
- Can help government and the organized private sector to make informed decisions with regard to the protection of the citizens from any possible harmful effect resulting from the activities of the oil and gas industry.