The NiNAS Governance Structure includes several committees comprising of a broad range of Nigerian stakeholders to ensure that NiNAS operated in a fair and unbiased manner assuring transparency and integrity. The structure which meets international requirements because of the balance of stakeholder involvement comprises of a Board of Trustees, a Board of Directors and an Accreditation Policy Advisory Committee.
Board Of Trustees
Dr. Dahiru Adamu
Fmr. DG, SON
Fmr. Chairman, NASME
Board Of Directors
Prince Degun Agboade
Acting DIR., FIPAN
Asst. DIR, FMITI
Accreditation Advisory Committee
Dr. Okey Akpa
Dr. Toyosi Raheem
Dep. Dir, NIMR
Like a typical organisation, NiNAS operates a departmental structure under the overall supervision of the Chief Executive Officer. The three (3) departments (including the units under them) are identified as:
• Department of Accreditation (Laboratory, Inspection and Certification);
• Department of Finance and Administration (Human Resources, Logistics and Finance); and
• Department of Business Development (Marketing, ICT and Public Relations).
1. The departmental heads report directly to the CEO.
2. The dotted lines indicate Ad hoc committees (Accreditation Advisory Committee & the Technical Advisory Committee) that are not a part of the day-to-day operation of NiNAS activities;
Although the Executive Secretary and the Quality Manager report directly to the CEO, they are however, not departmental heads. This arrangement is in line with Clause 5.2.3 of ISO/IEC 17011:2004 (as well as Job Description), in the case of the Quality Manager.